The terms “we,” “us,” and “our” refers to Pole Barn Academy. The terms “user,” “you,” and “your” refer to site visitors, customers, and any other users of the site. The term “personal information” is defined as information that you voluntarily provide to us that personally identifies you and/or your contact information, such as your name, phone number, and email address.
A Special Note about Children
Information We Collect
Our Website typically collects two kinds of information about you: (a) information that you provide which personally identifies you; and (b) information that does not personally identify you which we automatically collect when you visit our Website or that you provide us.
- Personally Identifiable Information: Our definition of personally identifiable information includes any information that may be used to specifically identify or contact you, such as your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, etc. As a general policy, to facilitate the use of certain content on our Website, you must provide personally identifiable information when registering. Affiliates of PBA may also be required to provide a tax identification number.
- Non-Personal Information: Our definition of non-personal information is any iinformation that does not personally identify you. Non-personal information can include certain personally identifiable information that has been de-identified; that is, information that has been rendered anonymous. We obtain non-personal information about you from information that you provide us, either separately or together with your personally identifiable information. We also automatically collect certain non-personal information from you when you access our Websites. This information can include, among other things, IP addresses, the type of browser you are using (e.g., Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc.), the third party website from which your visit originated, the operating system you are using (e.g., Windows 8, Windows 7, Macintosh OS, mobile, etc.), the domain name of your Internet service provider (e.g., Comcast, Verizon, NetZero, etc.), the specific areas of the Website that you visit, and the duration of your visit.
How We Use & Share the Information Collected
- Personally Identifiable Information: The personally identifiable information you submit to us is generally used to carry out your purchase of content or subscriptions on our Website. In the event you have become a PBA Member, the personally identifiable information you submit to us will be used to identify you as a PBA Member and to facilitate your access to Membership benefits. We may also use this information to later contact you for a variety of reasons, such as customer service, providing you promotional information about our products and services or those of our other affiliated companies (“affiliated companies”), or to communicate with you about the services we have provided.
- Our website’s registration or purchase forms may require you to create a password and provide certain contact information (including your name and email address), address, zip code and phone number optional. The customer’s contact information is used to contact the visitor when necessary in the day to day running of the website. Additional information may be collected in connection with certain surveys, games, promotions, sweepstakes and contests.
- We also occasionally send emails and newsletters to our users, announcing special promotions, changes in our services, and other information we believe will be of interest to our users. Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings at any time; see the choice/opt-out section below. Demographic and profile data is also collected at our site.
- If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities or postings on our site, we may collect such information into a file specific to you. We would use information in the file that we maintain for you, and other information that we obtain from your use of the services, to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems and enforce our Terms and Conditions of Use.
- Non-Personal Information: We use non-personal information in a variety of ways, including to help analyze site traffic, understand customer needs and trends, carry out targeted promotional activities, and to improve our services. We may use your non-personal information by itself or aggregate it with information we have obtained from others. We may share your non-personal information with our affiliated companies and third parties to achieve these objectives and others, but remember that aggregate information is anonymous information that does not personally identify you.
Other Uses & Information
- IP Address: An IP address is a number which is assigned to your computer when you are online. Web servers (computers that ‘serve up’ web pages) automatically identify your computer by its IP address. The Website may collect IP addresses for the purposes of system administration, to report aggregate information to our advertisers, and to audit the use of our site. When our guests request pages from PBA websites, our servers log the guests’ IP addresses. We do not normally link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable, which means that a user’s session will be logged, but the user remains anonymous to PBA Websites and other users. We will use IP addresses to identify a user when we feel it is necessary to enforce compliance with our Terms and Conditions of Use or to protect our service, site, customers, or others. Please review each service prior to use and only use those that disclose information which you are willing to disclose. We also reserve the right to use IP addresses and any personally identifiable information to identify a visitor when we feel it is necessary to: (a) fulfill a government request; (b) conform with the requirements of the law or legal process; (c) protect or defend our legal rights or property, our Website, or other users; or (d) in an emergency to protect the health and safety of our Website’s users or the general public.
- Email Communications: If you send us an email with questions or comments, we may use your personally identifiable information to respond to your questions or comments, and we may save your questions or comments for future reference. For security reasons, we do not recommend that you send non-public personal information, such as passwords, social security numbers, or bank account information, to us by email. However, aside from our reply to such an email, it is not our standard practice to send you email unless you request a particular service or sign up for a feature that involves email communications, it relates to purchases you have made with us (e.g., product updates, customer support, etc.), we are sending you information about our other services, or you consented to being contacted by email for a particular purpose.
- Transfer of Assets: As we continue to develop our business, we may sell or purchase assets. If another entity acquires us or all (or substantially all) of our assets, the personally identifiable information and non-personal information we have about you will be transferred to and used by this acquiring entity. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, all such information may be considered an asset of ours and as such may be sold or transferred to third parties.
- Other: Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, we reserve the right to disclose any personally identifiable information or non-personal information about you if we are required to do so by law, with respect to copyright or other intellectual property infringement claims, or if we believe that such action is necessary to: (a) fulfill a government request; (b) conform with the requirements of the law or legal process; (c) protect or defend our legal rights or property, our Website, or other users; or (d) in an emergency to protect the health and safety of our Website’s users or the general public.
Keeping Your Information Secure
We have implemented security measures we consider reasonable and appropriate to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Please be advised, however, that while we strive to protect your personally identifiable information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and are not responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your personally identifiable information.
Linked and Other Sites
For your convenience, this website contains links to other websites. PoleBarnAcademy.com is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. Users should be aware that when they are on PBA websites, they could be directed to other sites that are beyond our control. There are links to other sites from PBA website pages that take you outside our service. For example, if you click on a blog post link, doing so may direct you off of PoleBarnAcademy.com. Such other sites may send their own cookies to users, collect data, or solicit personal information. Whenever you give out personal information online (for example, via message boards or blog comments) information can be collected and used by other people. While PBA websites strive to protect our users’ personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online, and you do so at your own risk.
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. All user information is stored on a server operated by a third party, using standard security measures. Notwithstanding these efforts, we caution you that “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet and therefore you share information at your own risk.
This website gives users the following options for removing their information from our database to not receive future communications or to no longer receive our service. To keep you in control of your personal information and the communications directed to you, we allow you to opt out of the following services: receiving communications (including our newsletters) from us about new PBA programs and events.
Contacting PBA about our Websites